DGB 2013 Spring League
Wednesdays, March 20 - May 15
Take advantage of this unique opportunity as a DGB member or bag tag holder to compete against ALL participants in PDGA sanctioned league play regardless of skill level by accumulating points via handicapped scores!
We will be playing 18 Holes each week using the A, B, & C setups (3 weeks of each setup) at George Ward.
TEE TIME -- 5:30 Sharp!
(Please be on-site with your bag tag turned in no later than 5:20 for the players' meeting.)
Only $5 for the entire 9-week league!
Optional $3 ACE POT, $2 CTP POT, and $5 CASH POT:
- Ace pot will be rolled over each week until hit
- CTP winner will be paid out in club merchandise each week
- Cash pot is paid out weekly based on the PDGA Pro scale (50% deep payout)
- You can prepay for all weeks remaining in the league for the ace pot and the ctp pot. Cash will be added to each pot on a weekly basis. No refunds for weeks where you did not play. Example... if you prepay before the league starts, it would be $27 for the ace pot and $18 for the ctp pot, before Week 2 $24 and $16, etc...
- Participants must be a DGB tag holder or DGB full member and must have their DGB bag tag in possession for every league round in order for score to count that week. Tags are always on the line during league play using raw round scores after each round.
- Players are required to play a minimum of 5 league rounds during the 9-week series to establish a handicap and for accumulated points to be valid. (More rounds played and players bested will accumulate more points and increase your likelihood of a higher placing.)
- Max players per group: 4 - This is primarily for speed of play. (Minimum 3 per group, no exceptions)
- A group scorecard MUST be kept and turned in after each league round in order to be counted.
- All PDGA rules are in effect. (www.pdga.com/rules)
Trophy or Plaque for each
- Highest Total Overall League Points (with 5 or more rounds played; calculated by 5 highest finishes using handicapped scores)
- Best Overall Raw Scoring Average (with 5 or more rounds played)
League Points Overview:
(see attached file for full details & handicapping calculations)
- The 5 highest finishes by handicapped scores for each player will count toward the overall league points total.
- Points are awarded each week to the 25 highest finishing players (by handicap adjusted scores).
- Weekly Points awarded are: 25 points for 1st Place, 24 for 2nd Place, etc…
- Players will receive 1 bonus point for each week played.
- First Tiebreaker will be the player with the highest overall point total for the league season.
- Second Tiebreaker will be the player with the lowest raw average score.
- Birdie Bounties will be available for extra bonus points, and the holes will be announced prior to tee-time each week.
Note: The Weekly Points awarded are not static and will change over time based on each player's final raw average and handicap.
We play rain or shine! We will only call it off when thunder/lightning, dangerously high winds (tornado/hurricane), or other natural disasters are a threat.
Results will be posted weekly in this thread and on http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/102871.